Friday, September 12, 2014

Dealing with injuries



Here's my overview of my current injury, what I'm doing to help it, and how these remedies can be applied to other injuries, as well as general injury advice.

A couple of things I left out in the video:
--In addition to my home remedies, I have gotten trigger point injections all over my back, and my doctor recommended massages.
--WebMD and Wikipedia can be good resources to use to look up what to do to treat certain injuries.  However, only a doctor or healthcare professional can diagnose you with a specific injury.  Always follow a doctor's advice; doctors have more authority than the internet.

Leave a comment about your injuries and favorite remedies!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you could answer my question? I think I'll have to stop with ballet, because of cramps. If we are asked to stand on the toes on one foot, with the other elevated, my leg collapses due to cramps in the leg muscle. What am I supposed to do? This happens several times during class, and makes it impossible to make the poses the teacher wants from us. Why do you think this is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry your leg cramps are so bad. I made a post specifically about calf cramps here:

      http://thedancewearguru.blogspot.com/2017/06/help-calf-cramps-are-killing-me.html

      Hopefully some of the information will be helpful. I find that once I get one calf cramp, I'm likely to have a ton more if I don't take care of it right away. This means extra stretching, massage, and some adjustments to my diet. I'm hopeful that you'll get good results if you try a few techniques to deal with the pain. Unfortunately calf cramps are just part of the ballet life, but there are things you can do to make them manageable.

      Delete

Please be kind.