Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dance skirts sizing guidelines


What's more fun and beautiful than a dance skirt?  I'll take you through the sizing guidelines for the brands and styles I am familiar with.  Those include Body Wrappers, Bloch, So Danca, Capezio, Eurotard, and Theatricals by discountdance.com.

Body Wrappers: 

chiffon wrap skirts-- they run very small in the waist size, but long in length.
pull on skirts (including chiffon, jersey, and longer ballroom and character skirts)-- They run small in the waist and normal in length.

Capezio:

chiffon wrap skirts-- they run a little large in the waist, and average in length
pull on skirts (all styles)-- same as above, a little large in the waist, but average in length.

Bloch (including Mirella):

chiffon wrap skirts-- they come in one size, and it fits me perfectly.  Taller dancers may find them short, and dancers with wider torsos may find them small in the waist.
pull on skirts (all styles)--they run a little small in the waist, but pretty average in length.

So Danca:

pull on skirts (all styles)--they run a tad large in the waist, but average length.

Eurotard:

pull on flamenco skirts--these run a little long and small in the waist

Theatricals by discountdance.com:

chiffon wrap skirts--they run absolutely huge in waist size (mine is the smallest adult size, and it wraps around me nearly two full times), and very short in length.  I think this style would only work on very short dancers with thick torsos.


How do you think your dance skirts fit?  Leave a comment!



2 comments:

  1. Your guideline posts are a godsent, thank you for every single one! Would you ever consider adding one specifically about leotard leglines? I've been seeing so many lovely styles but when I wear them I find myself thinking they make my legs look shorter because the leglines are so low on some. (Mostly I've had this problem with Capezio and Mirella, maybe you agree?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I've been doing some research and analyzing what's in my wardrobe, and my full legline guide will be up on 21 November. In the meantime, I categorize Capezio as a low legline and Mirella (a sub-brand of Bloch) as moderate. Some higher cut brands are Wear Moi, Grishko, Mondor, and some styles from Motionwear.

      Delete

Please be kind.