Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Perfect porridge recipe




I like to start my heaviest dance days with a mix of healthy carbs, protein, and fruits.  Here's my recipe for the perfect breakfast porridge.

-¼ cup dry quick-cooking oats

-1 tbsp ground flaxseed

-1 tbsp black chia seeds

-1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I prefer Vega Protein and Greens)

-A handful (3-5 tbsp) of nuts (walnuts and pecans are great)

-A handful of fresh or dried fruit (or a combination-I like both raisins and fresh fruit)

Mix these ingredients in a bowl (or a Tupperware if you want to prepare ahead of time).  When you're ready to eat your porridge, add 1 cup (give or take, depending on your texture preference) of water or almond milk, mix, and microwave until thickened.  OR, you can add one cup of boiling water to your dry ingredients and stir until thickened.  Maple syrup, cinnamon, and banana make great garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind.