Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 2017 Favorites

Here's what I've been loving in March.

Dancewear:

Mirella M201LD Camisole Leotard

March is the month when my ballet school begins preparing for the end-of-the-year performance in May.  In addition to learning copious amounts of choreography, we spend a lot of time on costuming.  When I know I'll be trying on tons of costume pieces in various sizes and colors, it's best to wear a smooth camisole leotard in a subdued color like black or navy.  I love this Mirella leo because it has no detailing, and it adds no bulk when worn under costumes. (Available from discountdance.com)

Streetwear:

Goose Organic Women's Organic Cotton Raglan Pullover
You've probably gotten the picture by now...I love sweatshirts.  I like wearing them at home, and they're great for wearing over leotards on my way to and from the studio.  Raglan styles fit me well because the shoulder is less defined (I have extremely broad shoulders).  The neckline is open enough to come on and off without messing up my hair, and the pullover is the perfect weight for early spring.  It keeps me warm in a cool breeze, but it's not too sweltering in the studio. (Available from gooseorganic.com)

Skincare:

Derma E Hydrating Night Cream
After years of being afraid of using oils on my skin, I'm slowly easing into using high quality products that contain natural oils.  This night cream contains macadamia oil and jojoba oils in addition to soothing ingredients like aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and green tea extract.  The cream is super tick and creates a bit of a white cast on skin, but I only use it at night right before bed.  When I wake up, my skin is completely hydrated and glowing.  (Available from dermae.com and at some Ulta stores)

Haircare:

Uma Intensely Nourishing Hair Oil

This hair oil is insanely pricy, but it is extremely effective.  I received a deluxe sample, and I'm considering taking the plunge to get the full size when my sample runs out.  One to three drops applied to damp hair result in insanely smooth, shiny, and great-smelling locks.  I wash my hair at night, and the citrus/herbal/floral scent puts me in a relaxed mood.  I've used several types of oil on my hair in the past, and I've never had one be as effective as this one.  (Available from umaoils.com)

Food:

Aloe Vera Juice
I've heard about the health benefits of aloe vera juice for ages, but I always assumed it tasted bad (maybe soapy like mentholated aloe vera sunburn gel).  I finally picked up a bottle, and was surprised to find that it actually tastes really good (like lemonade mixed with white grape juice).  Aloe vera juice is great for reducing inflammation in the body, which can lead to decreased skin redness, better digestion, less joint pain, and a stronger immune system.  This is a great drink for dancers and athletes to add to their healthy diets.  Some brands contain relatively large amounts of added sugar, so choose brands carefully and don't overindulge.  






1 comment:

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Cheap Ballet Leotards

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind.