Saturday, March 18, 2017

Bullet Pointe Skirt Review


Bullet Pointe is a relatively new and uniquely stylish brand of dance apparel.  The brand has a gritty and effortless appeal that speaks to the reality of dancer life.  I purchased two Bullet Pointe skirts a few months ago, and they have become major staples in my ballet wardrobe.  


Bullet Pointe's skirts are the pull-on variety, and they are cut with a higher front and a lower back.  This, along with the relatively thick waistband and smoothly fluid fabric, make the skirt gloriously flattering on all body types.  I am very slim, but slightly pear shaped, and I love how this skirt skims over my hips without digging in at the waist.  The skirts come in sizes XXS through L, and the size chart helpfully provides waist, front, and back measurements in inches.  

In addition to the variety of sizes, Bullet Pointe offers a huge array of colors from neutral to rainbow bright.  I selected the Dream shade above as well as a more subdued charcoal grey.  The I love how Dream complements my black leotards while the charcoal is a perfect partner for my colored leos.  

There are only a couple of small downsides to Bullet Pointe skirts.  They wrinkle easily, so they don't look exactly polished when pulled from the depths of a dance bag.  Also, they are a little slippery and don't stay in place during intense choreography and partnering.  It's common to start a variation with the skirt on properly and finish with it turned around backwards.

At $30 a piece, the skirts aren't exactly cheap, but they aren't exorbitant either.  Bullet Pointe offers free shipping on all orders, which is a definite plus.

I adore my Bullet Pointe skirts, and I give them an enthusiastic 9 out of 10 stars.  The quality and style are wonderful, the price seems fair to me, and the negatives don't detract much from my use of the product.


3 comments:

Please be kind.