Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dancewear Organization

Keeping your dancewear neat and organized is really important, especially if you have classes in multiple styles of dance.  You need to know where to find every leo, tight, and accessory so you will be ready for every class.  

In this post, I will show you how I keep my dance stuff organized.  This is by no means the only way to do this; it's just a method that works well for me.

I keep my dance things in two places.  I have my dance bags, which I keep in my bedroom.  I also have my more generalized dancewear (including my leos, tights, warm-ups, skirts, accessories, etc.), which I keep in my closet.  

Here is a picture of how I keep my dance bags.  


The sea-foam and brown one is my ballet/modern bag; you saw it in the "What's in my dance bag?" video.  The contents of that a bag are pretty much the same since the last time you saw it.  

The slightly crumpled up brown bag under the stool is my ballroom dance bag.  Currently it holds one pair of ballroom heels, one pair of jazz shoes, some footie socks, gel spots, and a travel sized body spray.  

The long blue thing leaning against the stool is my yoga mat in its neat travel bag.  The red thing on the floor is my balance board.  (Just for fun, the black and neon green thing in the lower left corner is a tool box full of legos).  

Here's a look inside my closet.  The rest of my dancewear usually lives in here.


Starting with the left side, the hanging items are my leotards.  They are arranged by color from light to dark.  

Below the leotards on the shelf is a large jewelry tray that contains "stuff."  I have lots of spare pointe shoe accessories like toe pads and gel spacers arranged in there, as well as pointe shoe glue, body glue, baby powder, extra clear straps (for bras, bodytights,  and nude leotards), and some tennis balls to roll my muscles.  

In the center is a cardboard dresser.  The top drawer contains bras, dance briefs, bootie shorts, and longer spandex shorts.  The second drawer has ballet skirts, knit shorts, and legwarmers.  The third drawer has tights, and the fourth drawer has warm up pants.

On the right side, the hanging items are ballet sweaters, modern dance tops, ballroom dance tops, and ballroom skirts (in that order).

Below those hanging items is a large white canvas bin.  This bin has held a variety of things over the years, but right now it has unopened dancewear that I am saving for Nutcracker.  I have some tights, flat shoes, and pointe shoes collected in there for now.

In the foreground on the right side is a wall hook where I have hung several hoodies and jackets.  I will often grab one of them and throw it on over my dancewear to keep extra warm, especially as the weather transitions to winter.

I hope this little mini-tour gave you some ideas of how you can organize your dancewear wardrobe.  If you have a question about organization or want to tell how you organize your things, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your room looks so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thanks for your encouragement; devoted to content excellence and strategic link building."
    49ers ovo hoodie red

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind.