Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 2017 Favorites

Here's what I've been loving in the month of April:

Dancewear:  

Low-Back/Pinch-Front Leotards

I've been doing some spring cleaning of my wardrobe (streetwear and dancewear), and I've been taking things out of my closet if they don't fit properly or if I don't wear them because they're unflattering.  After many years of experimentation, I've found the most flattering leotard style for me is low back/pinch front.  Low back/high front (boatneck) emphasizes my broad shoulders, but low back leotards with lower fronts show off my athletic physique.  My spine is slightly curved, and my shoulders sometimes looked bowed forward.  Halter, racerback, and high back/low front leos tend to emphasize this.  Low back styles are the best for allowing my shoulder blades to move freely and for showing off my back muscles.  Several brands make styles like this, pictured is the Natalie Adult Microfiber Pinch Front Tank Leotard from discountdance.com. 


Streetwear:

5-inch inseam Cycling Shorts


I wear shorts like this all the time in the studio, the gym, and when lounging at home or running errands.  They're great for modern dance class as well as cycling, jogging, and other physical activities.  I really like the 5" inseam because they provide coverage even if they ride up, but they're not so long that they start to make my legs look short.  My personal preference is for Lululemon Speed Track Shorts, but they are discontinued.  Lululemon's Wunder Shorts in the 5" length (pictured) are a good replacement, just without the extra pockets.


Skincare:

Blue Lagoon Iceland Mineral Intensive Cream

I just keep going back to this moisturizer... Since I was last in Iceland in 2014, I've been using Blue Lagoon products on and off.  Every once in a while, I'll have an attack of dry skin and eczema around my eyes and on my neck.  Other moisturizers do the job of skin hydrating, but they don't do much for repairing problem areas.  This cream does it all.  The active ingredient is natural mineral silica from the lagoon in Iceland, and it is magically good at clearing up skin issues from minor dryness to psoriasis.  Within two days of using this cream, my issues clear up every time.  Find it at shop-usa.bluelagoon.com.

Food:

Rise Bars in Sunflower Cinnamon and Chocolatey Coconut

I'm on a journey to eat more wholesome foods.  However, with a busy schedule and digestive issues, convenient, easy-to-eat foods are a must.  These protein bars from Rise are vegan, gluten-free, and made from only 5 ingredients.  Though they're on the pricier side ($2 each when ordered in bulk, more when purchased individually at stores), I haven't found another bar with as good a resume.  I frequently throw one in my bag for a bite between work and ballet class, and I always feel satisfied and energized.  I also really like the bars' low-fiber fudgy texture, which makes them easy on the stomach.  Find them at risebar.com, iherb.com, and at natural grocery stores like Whole Foods.

1 comment:

Please be kind.