Saturday, December 10, 2016

Dancewear Inspiration: Sugar Plum Fairy


This dancewear inspiration series will give you inspiration to style your dance wardrobe after your favorite ballet characters.  Whether you are looking for inspiration in an upcoming rehearsal or you're  just enjoying dressing up, I hope these looks can inspire you to have fun with your look.


The Sugar Plum Fairy is the most prestigious female role in Nutcracker.  This character is the ruler of the Kingdom of Sweets.  She's also a kind and motherly character.  More mature and seasoned dancers usually portray this role, so this look is a little more spunky and grown up even though it shows Sugar Plum's sweetness.


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all & thank you to the dancers who perform in the Nutcracker year after year. How do you maintain an enthusiasm to dance in the same piece performance after performance & for so many years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every dancer has different motivating factors. Staying in character is a big one. It's fun to add and change the character a bit from show to show--like some days I'm queen Elsa during snow scene, and sometimes I'm snow falling around the Polar Express (I like movies). The choreography and charisma don't change, but the mentality does. I also remind myself that a new audience is watching each day, and my artistic director is watching from the wings. This motivates me to give it my best each day.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for including our gray mesh skirt in your Sugar Plum Fairy Dancewear Inspiration. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bikinis! The images are very informative for me which are related to Dancewear Bikini.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind.