Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 2016 Favorites

Here are my October Favorites for 2016!

Dancewear: Short legwarmers





As many of you know, I have chronic issues with my left ankle.  Cooler
weather, humidity, and lots of pointework all contribute to ankle soreness
for me, and all of these things seem to happen at this time of year!  I
frequently wear short legwarmers in class and rehearsal to keep one or both
ankles warm and strong.  I am currently wearing an old pair from
BodyWrappers, but I have my eye on these cute ones from Wear Moi (Izalia
short stirrup leg warmers, available from wearmoi.us in the United States).


Streetwear: Lululemon Groove Pants



Lululemon is seen as one of the top brands in yoga and athletic clothing.
Products can be expensive, but eBay always has great deals for gently used
Lululemon items in all sizes.  I am partial to a style called the Groove
Pant (both in the skinny cut and flared cut).  The fabric most Lululemon
items are made of (called Luon) is a stretchy synthetic that is soft like
cotton, so it glides on easily over ballet tights and is comfortable against
skin.  I wear my Lululemon groove pants for to the gym, for modern dance, as
warm ups over my ballet clothes, and when lounging or running errands.


(Available at Lululemon stores, lululemon.com, and ebay.com)


Makeup: Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream



I've been using this Korean BB Cream regularly for about 3 years.  However,
now that my skin type has changed to fairly dry without much acne or
discoloration, this is the only thing I use on my face most days (no powder,
no concealer).  I absolutely hate it when I can see foundation on my face,
and this cream doesn't do that.  It completely blends into my skin, protects
with SPF 15, and evens out skin tone with light coverage.  The only slight
downfall to this product is that it's only available in 2 colors (light,
which matches my skin perfectly, and medium, which is quite a bit darker but
still with neutral/yellow tones).  However, because it provides a sheer
blendable coverage, a perfect skin tone match isn't necessary to reap the
benefits. (Available from Sephora and sephora.com)


Skincare: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream



Guess what my favorite brand has been lately.  I started using Cicapair this
month (it's a fairly recent launch for the brand) and immediately fell in
love.  The cream promises to hydrate dry skin and relieve sensitive skin of
redness and irritation.  For me, it's done both.  I use a small squeeze
morning and night, and my skin has been more hydrated and more even in tone
and texture.  I also think this cream smells great (a bit like ginger,
cucumber, and lemongrass--it will smell familiar if you're well versed in
Korean cuisine), and the texture is amazing (thick, but light). (Available
from Sephora and sephora.com)


Food: Strong Almond Protein Bars by Kind



Several days each week, I have multiple ballet classes or rehearsals with a
short break after each.  To refuel, I often eat snacks during my breaks.  I
need a generous serving of healthy vegan protein in each snack, and granola
bars are often the most convenient choices to meet my needs.  However,
sometimes the idea of eating a sweet snack is repelling to me (don't know
why; I put it down to an electrolyte imbalance).  These Strong bars are the
perfect solution for me.  They are limited ingredient nut-and-seed protein
bars flavored with savory spices like jalapeno and hickory barbecue.  With
about 230 calories and 10 grams of protein in each bar, they fill me with

energy without making me feel bloated.   (Available at most grocery stores)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind.