Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Item review: convertible tights by Dance Class (Trimfoot)


I got these tights as a sample.  They are the CVT401 Adult convertible tights.

I was initially excited to try these tights because they have a very high spandex content.  They are 15% spandex (even higher than Capezio, which was the reigning champion with 14%).  In general, the higher the spandex content, the stretchier the tight and the less likely it is to get runs.  These tights were very soft and stretchy when I put them on.  

My enthusiasm faded almost immediately when I started looking at the product, not the package.  The package claimed that the tights were pink, but the were a very distinct tan color (pictured above) that is nowhere close to pink (even neutral ballet pink).  There is no way I could wear this color to my regular ballet classes, so I wore the tights to an open technique class.

These tights do not have a sewn on waistband; it is just knit in.  I don't prefer this, but I know other dancers who do.  It's just a personal thing.  These tights also do not have a tag, which I like (tags are often itchy for me).  However, this makes it impossible to tell the front from the back without closely examining the convertible feet.  The way the convertible feet are set up, the toes are not reinforced and the convertible foot is so wide that it almost resembles a footless tight.  When the tights are put on correctly, the convertible foot comfortably hugs the foot and it looks like it does in the picture.  However, I foresee a lot of younger dancers unfamiliar with convertible tights accidentally putting them on backwards.

After I wore these tights to one class (granted, it was a stretch and strength based class), they had a run in the inner thigh.  After I washed them one time, the stitching in the gusset (crotch) was coming undone.

These tights seemed so promising, but they really fell flat.  Overall, I give them a 2 out of 10 (good feel, poor look, poor ease of use, and awful quality).

1 comment:

  1. What is the point of convertible tights instead of the regular ones?

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind.